Thursday 13 December 2018

I want to meet Jordan Taylor...

I think it was a couple of years ago that I started watching Blimey cow videos on youtube regularly. I became a fan. I also started following Jordan Taylor on his personal channel. Over the course of these two years, my interest in watching his videos have only increased. I know his wedding anniversary (because its a day after my birthday), where he lives, and so on and so forth.

Ever since Youtube vlogging became big, a lot of Youtube celebrities share life with an online community. Often this community spills over into the offline world. The Green brothers conceived the idea of Vidcon, which is now a huge phenomenon in the US. Borrowing the idea, Blimey Cow hosts Blimeycon every year, where patrons (fans who pay) get to meet Jordan and Josh and hang out with them, and have a lot of fun.

I really want to attend Blimey con, and I really want to meet Jordan Taylor.

And that got me thinking.

I have never spoken to this dude. He doesn't know I exist. He probably wouldn't know if I stopped watching his videos. And yet, I want to meet him real bad. And that just from me watching his videos. From listening to him sharing his thoughts on various stuff.

There is however a person who always listens to me when I talk to him. He has revealed his heart to me in a big book, through which he continues to communicate, and in fact he loves me so much that he gave his life for me. Shouldn't I be dying to meet him?

For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
Do I want to meet Christ as badly as I want to meet certain celebrities? If not, perhaps I need to start hanging out with Christ a little more than I currently do.

1 comment: